Imported from Peru, EU certified organic, USDA certified organic
100% Organic cacao nibs (Theobroma Cacao variety)
- Bits of raw cacao beans – nature’s “chocolate chips”
- One of the richest sources of antioxidants
- Contains 10 grams per 100 grams of flavonol antioxidants (10% antioxidant concentration level)
- A healthy superfood alternative to chocolate chips
What are Cacao Nibs?
Cacao Nibs are bits or fragments of raw cacao beans.
Mature cacao pods are removed from the tree, split open and the seeds are scooped out to be fermented for a week. The beans are dried under the sun and broken into small crunchy nibs.
Cacao is rich in essential minerals, including magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, potassium and phosphorus. This ancient superfood is rich in antioxidants, containing 10 grams per 100 grams of flavonol antioxidants (10% antioxidant concentration level).
Use as a healthy alternative to chocolate chips, eat as snacks, add to cereals, yoghurt toppings, ice-cream toppings, use as alternative to chocolate chips in baking.
- Energy 466 kcal / 1923 KJ
- Protein 25.6g
- Carbohydrates 1g (of which sugars 1g)
- Fat 34g (of which saturated fatty acids 21.7g)
- Salt 0.1g