Ingredient: 100% unpolished organic black rice (milled)
100% Organic. Gluten Free. GMO Free.
This gluten-free flour is milled from organically grown unpolished black rice, which retains its original rice bran, thus providing more fibre content, and is preferred for people who are on diet.
*Note that this flour is NOT made from the short grain sticky black rice*
Also known as forbidden rice, black rice is an ancient grain that actually has more impressive health benefits than most other closely related rice varieties such as brown rice or wild rice.
- Of all rice variety, black rice is richest in powerful disease-fighting anthocyanin antioxidants
- Also contains dietary fibre, and anti-inflammatory properties
- Rich in potassium and magnesium
- Research from NUS has found its ability to slow down absorption of carbohydrates, thus improving blood sugar control and is diabetic friendly, as reported in CNN.
- Only need to substitute a small amount (20%-25%) to plain/wheat flour in baking
- Comes in vacuum-sealed pack to preserve freshness, as there are no preservatives and additives
Baby food – Add 1 tablespoon to about 100ml of water simmered (not boiling) in a saucepan, and stirring continuously until it forms a dark purple paste. Use as a base for adding other food ingredients to make a complete soft food meal.
Purple bread – Replace a small part (20-25%) of the bread flour or whole wheat flour with black rice flour. Do experiment with the amount, as the more you replace, the darker the purple, but the lesser the gluten for the bread to rise/proof, as this flour is gluten-free. You can also make a gluten-free purple bread.
Purple pancakes, cakes, muffins – Add to the batter of pancakes, cakes and muffins, to not only add an interesting purple colour but also improving the glycemic index (GI) of your baked foods!
Black rice puddings – Simplify Jamie Oliver’s recipe by using this organic black rice flour to skip the black rice overcooking and draining process!
Product of Indonesia