Imported from Peru
Ingredient: 100% premium raw purple corn extract 30:1 (Zea mays L.)
- An all-rounder natural antioxidant that keeps your body’s free radicals in check, protects you from lifestyle diseases, so that you don’t need to worry about spending more on other antioxidant supplements
- Natural high strength extract 30: 1 (30kg of purple corn into 1 kg of extract powder)
- A spectacular ORAC value of 96,300 µmoleTE/100g, 20x more than fresh blueberry (4,669 µmoleTE/100g)!
- Manufactured with a unique process which assures the highest content of anthocyanins. The deep purple colour of the extract is a sign of quality.
- Helps to regulate blood pressure
- Helps to regulate cholesterol (protects LDL-C from becoming oxidized, a key step in developing arteriosclerosis)
- Promotes blood flow circulation and microcirculation
- Is anti-inflammatory
- Promotes collagen formation, improves cell irrigation, calms and detoxifies
- 100% Raw . Vegan . Gluten Free . GMO Free
- Comes in a convenient resealable and eco-friendly standup pouch!
“Purple corn phenolic compounds have been shown in numerous studies to have potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimutagenic, anticarcinogenic, and anti-angiogenesis properties. They were also found to ameliorate lifestyle diseases, such as obesity, diabetes, hyperglycemia, hypertension, and cardiovascular diseases, based on their strong antioxidant power involving biochemical regulation amelioration.”
– a Review by , , and published in a high impact factor journal Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, 24 January 2017, .
Based on the comprehensive review of current scientific evidence, purple corn provides health benefits for:
- Heart health
- Skin health
- Liver health
- Colon health
- Prostate health
- Kidney health
- Blood sugar levels
- Brain health
- Vision health
- Anti-obesity/weight management
Additionally, purple corn delivers 15-20% more of the 8 essential amino acids as those found in yellow corn.
Add 1 teaspoon (about 1.5g) to a cup of water, juice, milk, smoothies, protein shakes, or overnight oats.
Purple corn extract powder has a neutral taste, and does’t have the ‘oily taste’ of açaí berry. We like adding the juice of half a lemon or one lime with the purple corn extract and drink it first thing in the morning.
Please note that although the extract is water soluble, purple corn is a good source of fibre so some non-soluble fibre will remain in your drink. much like drinking fruit juice with its pulp.