Pure and high potency anthocyanins – nature’s antioxidant – from wild Scandinavian bilberries and NZ blackcurrants with clinically proven health benefits.
immunity, boost immunity
- 17 naturally occurring anthocyanins.(antioxidants)
- 20 years . Thousands of satisfied customers
- Award winning, clinically proven, patented extraction technology
- Vegan . Gluten Free . Dairy Free
Bilberry extract (Vaccinium myrtillus), Blackcurrant extract, (Ribes nigrum), corn maltodextrin, cellulose vegetable capsules, stabilizing agent (citric acid).
One capsule contains standardised 80 mg anthocyanins (high potency 24%).
- 40mg from Bilberry extract
- 40mg from Blackcurrant extract
What are the health benefits?
The antioxidant properties of 15 anthocyanins extracted from bilberries help to
- protect our body’s cells against oxidative stress
- anti-inflammatory -> helps protect and strengthen our blood vessels
- reduce dry eyes and eye fatigue
- support the normal functioning of our eyes
- support our blood circulation
The cardiovascular benefits of Medox shown in clinical trials are summarized here.
The 4 anthocyanins extracted from blackcurrants support the normal functioning of
- our immune system
- our muscles.
Suitable for anyone who wants antioxidant protection for eyes, blood vessels, circulation, and strengthen immunity, including anyone who:
- sits and works long hours on computer
- uses digital devices for long hours
- leads a sedentary lifestyle or have no time to exercise
- is at risk of cardiometabolic diseases
For normal antioxidant and eye benefits: 1 – 2 capsules per day with water (not with dairy products).
For anti-inflammatory effect on blood vessels and blood circulation support: 2-4 capsules per day.
Pregnant and nursing women should consult a doctor before use.
Medox® is manufactured in Norway through a high-tech patented nitrogen extraction process that locks out oxygen to preserve and concentrate 17 naturally occurring anthocyanins.
The manufacturer MedPalett AS has received the prestigious Norrøna Award in 2015 for the pioneering work in developing this unique natural supplement and their contribution in improving public health.
Backed by research
Unlike other supplements, Medox® has been clinically proven in scientific studies in Norway, the EU, Australia, China and USA. Studies on Medox® have been published in highly respected, internationally recognized scientific and medical journals:
- Anthocyanin supplementation doses of 80–320 mg/day enhances cholesterol efflux capacity (CEC) in a dose-dependant manner and improve serum HDL-C levels. “Eur J Clin Nutr”, 2020.
- Anthocyanins in berries exhibited anti-atherogenicity and antiplatelet activities in a metabolic syndrome population. “Nutr Research” 2020.
- The effect of anthocyanin supplementation in modulating platelet function in sedentary population: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, cross-over trial. “British Journal of Nutrition”, 2017
- Anthocyanin supplementation in alleviating thrombogenesis in overweight and obese population: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. “Journal of Functional Foods”, 2017
- Anthocyanins inhibit nuclear factor-kappaB activation in monocytes and reduce plasma concentrations of pro-inflammatory mediators in healthy adults. “The Journal of Nutrition”, 2007
- Effects of anthocyanins on cardiovascular risk factors and inflammation in pre-hypertensive men: a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled crossover study. “The Journal of Human Hypertension”, 2013
- Anthocyanins protect human endothelial cells from mild hyperoxia damage through modulation of Nrf2 pathway. “Genes and Nutrition”, 2012
- Role of Purified Anthocyanins in Improving Cardiometabolic Risk Factors in Chinese Men and Women with Prediabetes or Early Untreated Diabetes-A Randomized Controlled Trial. “Nutrients”, 2017
- Purified Anthocyanin Supplementation Reduces Dyslipidemia, Enhances Antioxidant Capacity, and Prevents Insulin Resistance in Diabetic Patients. “The Journal of Nutrition”, 2015
- Anthocyanin supplementation improves HDL-associated paraoxonase 1 activity and enhances cholesterol efflux capacity in subjects with hypercholesterolemia. “The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism”, 2013
- Anti-inflammatory effect of purified dietary anthocyanin in adults with hypercholesterolemia: a randomized controlled trial. “Nutrition, Metabolism & Cardiovascular diseases”, 2012
- Purified anthocyanin supplementation improves endothelial function via NO-cGMP activation in hypercholesterolemic individuals. “Clinical Chemistry”, 2011
- Anthocyanin supplementation improves serum LDL- and HDL-cholesterol concentrations associated with the inhibition of cholesteryl ester transfer protein in dyslipidemic subjects. “The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition”, 2009
- Anthocyanins attenuate lipid peroxidation and mitochondrial dysfunction generated by APPswe mutation or by chemical inhibition of mitochondrial complex I. “Karolinska Institut”, 2017 (PDF, 660KB)
- Berry anthocyanins reduce proliferation of human colorectal carcinoma cells by inducing caspase-3 activation and p21 upregulation. “Molecular Medicine Report”, 2016
- A CONSORT-compliant, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot trial of purified anthocyanin in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. “Medicine”, 2015
Studies on bilberry alone on eye health
- Bilberry extract supplementation for preventing eye fatigue in video display terminal workers. J Nutr Health Aging. 2015.
- The effect of a natural, standardized bilberry extract in dry eye: a randomized, double blinded, placebo-controlled trial. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2017.
- Effect of a bilberry extract-containing diet on the improvement of eye fatigue-related symptoms (II) – A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group comparison study. Japanese Pharmacology and Therapeutics 2017.
In a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
This product is a food supplement and therefore should not be used as a substitute for prescribed medication, a varied diet, and a healthy lifestyle.